Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Compensating

Since I can't run with my asthma acting up, I've been going for long walks in the morning. Yesterday there were dozens of baby ducklings all over the river, toodling after their mothers. They were so cute and fuzzy I just about scooped them up to come home and keep me company; I could give them adorable names and they'd think I was their mama and follow me around.

But I'm thinking getting allergy shots and keeping Gigolo is a better idea than realizing that Fluffy MacSnuggles and Mr. PaddlePuddle pooped on the carpet again.

2 comments:

  1. Fluffy MacSnuggles? I'm so glad David didn't hear that name before we got the puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a whole gaggle of billed fluff waddlers follow me around because they thought I was their mommy. They swam OUT of the ocean and congregated on me.

    I'd move, they would paddle over and nuzzle against my sandled foot. Only me, too. Not Cecile or the other couple on the beach. Completely ignored them.

    After 30 minutes, we finally had to put them in a box and place them in the marina to prevent me from having to explain the quacks coming from my cube on monday morning.

    ReplyDelete