Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tattling

Today was Gigolo's two week checkup, which also means it's his two week anniversary of housecat-edness. And argh, sometimes I miss that needy, hurting, CALM AND QUIET cat we first brought into the house. The one who would curl up and sit next to me for hours. This new, healthy, playful version of Gigolo runs through the house at all hours chasing his toy mouse, slipping on the wood floors and slamming into walls, wrestling with anyone who comes near, and the damn cat's bit me about once a day for the last week. He never breaks the skin, but playful biting is still a no-go. Ask Chris Brown.

Then he hops up next to me and purrs for an hour until I forgive him. Then he rolls on his back in wrestling stance, gets that look in his eye, and bites me again. I run and tell Ed on him, but Ed just tells us we need to learn to get along.

1 comment:

  1. aw, but lookie at how cute he is!

    did the vet have any idea how old he was, and what kind of health he was in?

    ReplyDelete