Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bouncing off the walls


OMG, I can't believe I haven't written about one of the Most Exciting Things In Texas! Y'all are going to be so mad at me for not telling you this before - here in San Antonio they have Diet Cherry Coke! Not Cherry Coke Zero, they have the real, original, first and only diet soda I could stand for many, many years, Diet Cherry Coke. I haven't been able to get Diet Cherry Coke in DC for a dog's age. They also have Cherry Coke Zero at the H-E-B, but I kicked that impostor to the curb months ago and am reveling in my artificially sweet nirvana.

So now I'm hyper-caffeinated as well as unemployed and self-pitying. This will end well!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Diet Cherry Coke. Not a little. A LOT. Yay Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So - funny story re: DCC. My sister Heather flew to Columbus, OH, to drive back with Ashley from school. Heather found DCC at the local grocery store, bought up 6 24-packs, put them in the back of Ashley's Probe, and they drove home to MA. Ashley's car needed service, so it was dropped off at the dealer on the night of the coldest day of the year. By the time Heather remembered about the DCC, and they drove to the dealership to "rescue" the soda, it had exploded all over the trunk - only 3 cans were saved. Good thing, though, it was more frozen ice than slush, so it made for an easier clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heart DCC, too. and i do *not* like cherry coke zero...i'm thinking that your new job will be beverage distributor to yours truly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love DCC too - PLEASE help bring it back!!! I second the motion that your new job be a DCC distributor!

    ReplyDelete