Monday, May 18, 2009

A compromise suiting no one

Running with a regular bottle of water wasn't working for me, so I bought a little bottle that clips to my shorts. Only, my shorts are from Target and don't have the tightest elastic, so that bottle bounced all over, and after ten steps I couldn't stand the motion and had to jog holding the bottle in my hand. Ends up that it's at least more comfortable than holding a regular water bottle, though it gets just as slippery when I'm sweaty. Plus, it's getting hotter every day, so that little 5 ounce bottle won't be enough in another week or two.

So I need to follow Lisa's advice and just go ahead and buy a water belt. And since the distances I currently run aren't worthy of the belt, I'm registering for a half marathon.

My logic isn't backwards. You're backwards.

2 comments:

  1. Katie, you are too much! Welcome to the world of running, where even an activity that would seem to require nothing except stamina has found a way to demand lots of high-tech gear! The water bottle was just the start . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh nice!! i loved my fuel belt when i was training! if you want any marathon training tips, lemme know!

    ReplyDelete