Friday, May 29, 2009

Series schmeries

So that whole "proud series on Texas Rantings"? I know y'all were looking forward to each installment and have been holding your breath since I first said it'd be a continuing feature...but allow me to sum up.

People in Texas are slow. They walk slow. They talk slow. They drive slow. They move slow. And because I am not a slow mover, talker, driver, or slow at much of anything else, I find Texans in my way very often.

Now, I have nothing but time, true. What would I be doing if I wasn't waiting AN HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES at the pharmacy? Watching tv or yelling at the computer for not having any new job postings? Re-reading the entire Harry Potter series? You know what, pharmacy "workers"? It's none of your business what I have that's soooooo important. The point is that I should have control of that 75 minute block of my life. Not you. So get off your duff, acknowledge that you have a customer at the window, and give me my prescription. It's RIGHT THERE. It's FILLED. GIVE IT TO ME OR I WILL JUMP THE COUNTER AND GET IT MYSELF.

And then I'll, um, pat you on the back and say "thank you, have a nice day." I am in Texas, after all.

1 comment: