Thursday, April 2, 2009

Remember, I don't have a SALARY


This whole free cat thing is overrated - between fixing up his leg, getting rid of the tapeworm, neutering, testing for all kinds of diseases, standard shots, a litter box, cat bed, toys, boarding while we were in Kansas, and now fungus Gigolo has probably cost us a thousand dollars. Oh yeah, you read that right. Both the "thousand dollars" and the "fungus."

Gigolo's fur had a couple of patches when we brought him in the house, and I thought it was stress from getting his cat butt kicked every night outdoors. But now he has toys and shots and a litter box and is still getting even more patchy . So the vet ran a test, and yep, Gigolo has a skin fungus. I had to pick up a prescription for myself and one for the cat at the pharmacy today...and insurance didn't cover the cat's.

I told Ed to get ready to hold him down tonight and I'll just hose them with Tinactin.

No comments:

Post a Comment