Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I named the cat.

So what happened to the cat? Well, after a few days of regular visits and petting, I got cat food at the grocery store and started feeding my little guy for real. I began to think we really had something, until one early morning I heard him meowing and rushed outside for petting and feeding to find that he was AT THE NEIGHBOR'S HOUSE. Another home-during-the-day lady was feeding him! Harumph. The next day it was another neighbor lady and the third day it was back to me. Harumph again. I felt cheated on. No amount of rubbing and purring was going to bring me around, by golly. Except he's so cute. So I kept feeding him.

Last night was our first real Texas style thunderstorm, amazing. Ed and I poured ourselves a glass of wine and went outside to watch from the porch. It was like a fireworks show and for the first time I understand what "sheeting rain" looks and sounds like. I wondered where the cat was, but figured he was probably with his Tuesday lady. Going back inside after the storm the house felt stuffy, so we opened the front and back doors to let the breeze through, and about 10 minutes later in walked a perfectly dry cat. I didn't shoo him out, and I think Gigolo the cat has found another sucker for his rotation.

1 comment: