Friday, January 23, 2009

When left to myself too long


Wednesday morning I opened the front and back doors so I could chuck boxes out of them and started unpacking. When I looked up this cat was in the middle of the dining room. It just stood there looking at me until I said "hey, cat!" Then it ran away.

Since then I've been careful to keep the back screen door shut and it likes to sit there watching me through the glass, and when I eat lunch outside it comes and hangs out, probably because that first day I shared my turkey sandwich with it.

Today it came over while I was changing out my license plates (for TEXAS plates yeehaw) and batted at the screws. I fed it some milk, petted it for quite a while, and thought, "I gotta get a picture of my new friend!"

So I did. My first Texas friend is a nameless, genderless cat. Oh, the pathos.

3 comments:

  1. That's actually a hilarious picture. I'm sure you know that by feeding that cat you've made a friend for life right? It'll never leave your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. s/he's cute! i agree with B, you've got a friend for life. no tags or anything?

    btw, did you see the plates "texas: it's a whole other country"?! those are the ones i got 'cause they make me chuckle every time i see them.

    ReplyDelete