Thursday, June 4, 2009

Holy crap, I live in Texas.



It's a Friday night and one of Ed's coworkers has invited us to meet her and some friends at Fatso's Sports Garden. Of course we go, it's the basketball playoffs and I'm still fighting the lingering effects of Spurs Flu. We have to watch the game on a big TV.

So, um, Fatso's is definitely in Texas. Long wooden benches, lots of neon, lots of cowboy hats. Kids running around while their mothers dance on tables. Yeah. Saw that one coming, did you? Then You Might Be A Texan.

Then a guy, a young guy, got up to karaoke. He chose David Allen Coe's "You Never Even Call Me By My Name." Have you heard this song? I hadn't, and now...well, now I have. And I will never be the same. Skip to 3:00 for the talky bit that made me spit out my beer laughing.

When the beer hit my lap I realized it wasn't a dream. I was really listening to a dude in a cowboy hat karaoke this song. He wasn't being ironic. He was singing the Perfect Country Song.

This is my life.

This is my life?

1 comment:

  1. Trampes' favorite song...
    and yes, you are in Texas and doing quite well I might add.

    ReplyDelete