Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Update

67. That's how many "happy birthday" text messages I received by noon yesterday - including one from Joanna saying, "didn't want your phone to be lonely today" sent after the mayhem. Good thing I have unlimited texting in my cell phone plan! Some day I'll tell a funny story about the texts, but right now it just gets me all verklempt and I have to be serious.

So I know people feel bad for me that Ed's out of town and I'm all alone. Sure, the sun don't shine without him and I know my truck's sad too (I've decided that I will write the new, improved, Perfect Country Song), but he's a guy who knows about champagne and will watch the occasional romantic comedy, so I'll keep him in spite of his habit of leaving me for blocks of time while he goes to earn money.

Besides, there's TWO boxes in this picture.


2 comments:

  1. I KNOW you're not gonna keep me in suspense about what was INSIDE those TWO boxes..that wouldn't be very TEXAN of you!!

    ReplyDelete