Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Howzzat?

The Caller ID says "Texas number" and is followed by seven digits. So someone within San Antonio is calling me. Woo! It's a job offer! "Hello?"

"Is William there?"

"You have the wrong number." And thanks for getting my hopes up, lady.

"Is this the Barton residence?"

"Nope, sorry."

"Yeah right." She slams the phone down.

????

What just happened? I know she's not there anymore, but I keep talking into the phone. "Ex-CUSE me?" I want to call her back and tell her that she's not allowed to sneak rude me from a Texas phone number. At least have the courtesy to call from an unlisted number so I don't expect politeness coming out of the phone!

And by the way, what has this William Barton done that would justify such mean-ness from a Texan? I can only assume he's defaulted on a debt; if he'd killed someone I'm pretty sure Texas gun laws would be in his favor.

2 comments:

  1. Wild, totally unsubstantiated guess: William is less than faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is that William is having relations with a girl -last name Barton. Cuz in Texas, it ain't happening unless you get caught!

    ReplyDelete