Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finally (Part II)

Last night we slept at the new house for the first time. We have arrived! Um, only the house looks like this:Well, it looks like that except in the parts that I've started unpacking, which look like this:

I don't know if you can see it, but there are random Christmas ornaments in the mess. Why, you might ask, were there Christmas ornaments in the box with the living room lamp? And where, by the way, is the other lamp? The box was labeled "living room lamps." Maybe the fake candles could be called lamps?

And here's me on the one piece of open floor. Yes, I'm still wearing my running shorts. No, I haven't showered today. Yes, I'm damn sexy.


Remember when I said "come see if the house likes you too?" Give it a month, right now the house is throwing a fit. I'll soothe it and we'll be ready for guests well before St. Patrick's Day - the river is dyed green and the Riverwalk turns into a giant pub crawl. I'm betting Ed a backrub that someone will fall in that day. Double backrubs if it's not me.

1 comment:

  1. st. patties sounds like a winner for j and i to go to san antonio... i just won't get too close to the water!! :oP

    good luck unpacking! our house is still a mess, but i blame the wedding. (it looks like a file cabinet threw up in my office, covered by dog hair. i really need to clean in here!)

    ReplyDelete