Thursday, January 15, 2009

My legs don't bend that way.


So, what're you complaining about, Katie? Get a job already!

Hum. I know I've only been in San Antonio a week, but this is a valid question that no one's had the cojones (see, I'm Texan already) to ask yet. The answer is that I had it in my head that I was going to interview for a very specific County job, a job I've been cultivating for the last six months and which seemed likely to be offered me. But on January 6, 2009, a hiring freeze was announced for the entire County. Yeah. So now I'm wondering if I should wait for that job to come open again (there are several vacancies and the Director is desperate to fill them), or find something else?

So, while I discern what to make of that twist, I'm a hotelwife (I've demoted myself from "housewife") with no friends and no activities. This morning I dropped Ed's truck at the dealership, took the courtesy shuttle back to the hotel, and sat down to sulk about not having transportation. A couple of friends IM'd me right then and I was snappy.

Then I went for a looong run. I came back after time in the sunshine and looked up cooking classes and a running club and found a church online and read the local news and am really trying to kick my own butt until I feel more myself.

It's hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment